THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some HOMEMADE Love...

My mom used to stay up with me on February 13th and make homemade, honest to goodness, Valentine's. Each was unique and individual.  Our class would exchange cards in elementary school and there was no cookie cutter carbon copies.  It was the REAL DEAL, the REAL McCoy!  I miss those days, and more than the cards themselves I miss the time, effort, love and sentiment that went into those cards.  Seems today that we are all so unplugged, so disconnected from reality.  We are TOO busy to make real Valentines anymore.  But doesn't that just make us TOO BUSY!

So this morning I went through my crafter things and found a stack of pink and red construction paper.  I went to work cutting out hearts and making cards.  As soon as the children finished their school basics I let them go at it too.  We made cards for each other and for our besties.  My T.F.F...  D.P. had a birthday today so I made 40+ hearts for her and went to her house (while she was at work) to leave a "heart attack". I wrote notes on all the hearts.  She was pleasantly surprised to come home to so much birthday LOVE plastered on her home.  In my cutting I even accidentally cut hearts that ended up looking like a butterfly.  And since I am all about BUTTERFLIES...I had to replicate that.  It was a wonderful morning full of love, laughter and homemade goodness.  Life really can't possibly get much better than this...Maybe homemade cards with grandchildren...but that is a long ways out.

I am so excited from the days activities I might even tackle MAY DAY.  My mom used to help us make baskets and fill them with flowers to share...Ok, maybe not that excited...But close!

Happy Hearts, Love, Friendship, Family, Kindness, Thoughtfulness, Valentine's Day!!!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment