THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Anyone want to Salsa???

Well, I didn't marry a dancer.  But I DID marry a salsa king.  Last summer when we started our new garden (1st timers) we canned some salsa.  That led to canning salsa every time our local market ran a tomatoe sale.  (Some of our friends just adore us now...all the salsa lovers).  My sweetheart canned 37 pints of salsa.  Over 30 pounds of tomatoes (they weighed more than my almost 3 year old!)  He is in salsa heaven.  He worked all day on this little pet project and he mastered his own ingredients.  I don't think he will be buying those pre-seasoning packets anymore either.  It was so yummy.

I am so grateful for him and the many ways he sacrifices for our family.  Today it was salsa, but there are a million little and big ways that he blesses us.  All of them make me wonder what I did to deserve someone so great. (Well, then he teases me, to remind me he isn't perfect and I come back down to earth...and realisticly grateful status sets in).  THIRTY SEVEN jars!  Isn't that crazy?   Crazy...YES!  Yummy and amazing, YOU BETCHA!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment