THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

A good week...

This whole week has been good.  From worship last Sunday to dinner with my children tonight.  It hasn't been a perfect week...and really I don't know if those actually exist.  But we have read together, gotten homework done, talked, laughed, played, practiced, done cub scouts, karate (our daughter joined her brothers this month), meals, and clicking. 

Tonight my daughter said at dinner..."Mom, do you want to know something that is working for me?  When I get mad at one of the boys (one girl/four brothers) I count to 10 and then "click" something happy. Then it calms me down and I feel better."  

Hmm...Interesting, happy and positive thoughts actually can control/elevate mood.  I LOVE IT!  I have had many joyful things to be thankful and grateful for this week.  Little things like my 2 year old telling me he loves me.  My 4 year old telling me I am his best friend.  My 6 year old being a peace maker.  My 8 year old doing all his homework and chores.  My 10 year old sitting with me and having a long talk about the importance of values (She is already so rooted in goodness...I am so proud of her!).

I am grateful!!!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment