THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Grudges...

Tonight my husband and I had a heart to heart.  This is something we do often.  In this heart to heart though, he confessed to me that he felt I had never forgiven him for not dancing.  I danced 2-3 times a week in college and loved it.  Not only was it a rush, but it was what kept me skinny (125 pounds skinny...haven't seen that number on the scale since).  I thought a lot about it as we talked and I told him that I will not hold it against him anymore.  He DOES have two left feet and really dancing with him would just be frustrating.  I dance around the room with my kids to country songs now.  I told him that I would forgive him of that if he would forgive me for imagining that I am dancing with my college dance partner instead of him.

To this he replied, "I could take him."

To which I responded, "There was never a doubt."

And there we buried the hatchet.

Is there something you have held back, something you have harbored, not forgiven?  My challenge to you is to forgive...maybe it is a spouse, sibling, parent, child, friend, Yourself... let it go.  You won't believe how good it feels.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment