THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ireland and Adventures...

I can not help but reflect on Ireland today.  I wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's day.  And though in many a home that event has been reduced to a reason to get tipsy...I am thankful for the rich traditions of Ireland (and Scotland too).  Several great grandfathers ago my family came from Scotland to Ireland.  Later they travel to Nova Scotia and eventually ended up in the United States.  The potato famines nearly did them in.  Life there could not have been easy.  I had the fortune of going to Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland with my parents and one of my brothers the year before my mother died.  It was a dream of hers and it was a wonderful and healing trip for us.  But as we went from site seeing event to site seeing event in February weather, I couldn't help but think that it was difficult for us...with the modern conveniences of cars, phones, electric and more.  I am so thankful to my ancestors.  I come from a long line of proud men and women.  But also I am proud to say I come from a long line of faithful and hard working men and women...How very blessed I am with that great example.  May I be able to instill that faithful and hard working ethic in my children is my great desire and prayer.  Without knowing about history we are bound to repeat the mistakes of the past.  It is important to look back at where we came from and learn from it.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment