THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

April Gratitude Day Seventeen...

Day SEVENTEEN...

Calm Saturday...
I love Saturdays.  I love the feeling of relief after drugding through conquering another long week.  I am grateful and it makes me smile to see children gathered around morning cartoons.  This makes me happy because it is exactly what I did growing up.  I love gardening, outtings, date nights and even laundry.  I love the lazy that I can usually afford on Saturday, that is too high of a price to pay Monday-Friday.  It has been an amazing life.  But I am so glad I have Saturdays to recharge my battery.

When we were in college some of my siblings and I would often go dancing or out with friends on Friday nights.  Saturday mornings we would all cram on mom and dad's bed and tell them stories about the date, outting, activity or dance the night before.   I loved this feeling of piling on the bed and telling stories.  It is a happy memory.  I am grateful my parents took that time with us instead of shewing us out of the room.  They learned a lot in those listening hours.  So on day 17 of my grateful adventure this month, I am grateful for Saturday mornings and all the memories they stir.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

2 comments: