THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Worth the work and the wait...

Months ago I got out my little peet pots.  I planted my seeds and I prepared the garden beds with help from the children and my sweet heart.  Up until today, we had only enjoyed the snap peas.  They were very good, but we were excited to find a zucchini ready and a whole strainer full of fresh green beans.  So guess what we ate with the chicken tonight?  I am a firm believer that vegetables taste better when they are home grown.  And I can get all my children to eat veggies from our garden better than anything that comes from the store.  It was so yummy!  We enjoyed fruits of so many hours of labor.  Planting, watering, weeding...but the fruit was sweet...well in this case not really sweet...but so good!

Like a good garden, anything that matters takes time and effort.  A good marriage:  Time and Effort.  A good relationship:  Siblings, Spouse, Children, Parents... Time and Effort.  A good job:  Time, Effort AND a good attitude.  The better I am to my garden the better my garden is to me.  The same could be said for relationships too.  So the next time you enjoy your veggies take a moment to ponder all the work that went into them.  And then, think about what you can do to get more out of your life, relationships and endeavors.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment