THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Becoming...Grateful

This life is a journey.  I feel like the steps I have taken in the last 14 days have been more powerful than all the steps I took last year.  Some years are just like that.  A glass half empty kind of person might say...that is awful...look how little I did last year.  But I am choosing to embrace a different attitude.  It goes like this:  That is so awesome, look what I have done already this year, in TWO WEEKS.  I am becoming a more grateful person.  It is a journey, it is a process.  I am still not grateful for some things, like dirty diapers and screaming children.  But I am slowly seeing gratitude in all things...  I am grateful not to have constipated children...so the dirty diapers aren't all that bad, it could be worse.  And I am grateful my children have a voice and use it...I hope I can train them to use their "voice" for good.


One of the wonderful friends that God has blessed me with recently came with her children to my house for a long playdate.  They say that small minds talk about people and great minds talk about ideas.  Well, SHE has a great mind.  And she always makes me reach, stretch and want to become better.  We were discussing the concept of gratitude and she told me she has a quote in her kitchen which she often reflects on.  So my share for today is that quote.  Take a moment to dissect this a bit...think about how it can apply to ourselves...whomever we are...it will reach us differently.  We all have weaknesses and strengths.  I have learned to surround myself with many people who have strengths where I am weak and lift and enlighten me.  I feel overwhelmingly grateful for the strength of those I love that refine and mold me into a better person.


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.''
--Melody Beattie



Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment