THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Celebrations...

What do you celebrate?

Tonight we went to my husband's sister's house.  She is my sister too, I love her and she has always been a wonderful sister to me.  But I say "husband's sister" only to distinguish her for people that know my whole family.  She and my wonderful brother in law took in his cousin many years ago when his mother died.  Cousin L.  has a variety of health concerns and developmental issues.  He is over 60 and needs daily care.  But it was never a question for them, they just took him and I so admire them for it.  And my husband's side of the family being rather large has just enveloped him with LOVE!  It is so sweet to see.  After a short time he would light up when we would go over to visit.  Tonight we celebrated him.  He has never had a real birthday party because of his disabilities...until they took him in.  There were a lot of "never hads" in his life.  But not any more.  Mostly though, we just have loved him up.  And he has responded to it as all people do...WHY?  Because people need LOVE!  Someday he will be gone.  I will miss him so much.  I am so grateful we got to be together tonight and celebrate him.  Think about whom you celebrate...and maybe someone that needs to be celebrated.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment