THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Power of ONE...

My goal this year centers a lot on the power of ONE individual who chooses to reach outside of themselves and touch others. Today my family celebrated just such an individual.  For privacy of her family we will call her C.O.  She was a nurse by trade and has been retired for a bit.  Barely 67 her life should not have ended this soon.  But today I got up and donned my Sunday best...then made sure my children 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2 were all dressed in Sunday best.  Two of my older children helped with this ritual and I am so grateful for them.  We went to the services, my husband was able to come too.  He is always very helpful with the children and I am most grateful for him.

C.O.'s life was laid before us in rememberances and talks...like a verbal biography.  But the heart, the meat of her life was service.  Over and over strung through the themes, ideas, feelings shared was the service she gave as a wife, mother, friend, nurse, genealogist, and Sister in Zion.  Her kindness knew no boundaries.  Her friendship knew no limits.  I am grateful and honored to call her friend.  I am grateful and honored to know her.  I am a better person for knowing and loving her.  And she loved and reached out to me in one of the darkest times of my life, the loss of my mother.  I will never forget her, and her love, legacy and memory will live on...  Who is the C.O. in your life?  Maybe she/he is on your list if you have taken the challenge to write 12 letters.  I will be writing my letter to C.O. still and giving it to her husband.

May you live in a way that when you are passed and watch the events of your funeral you are worthy of all the kind words (we all know kind words are said at funerals)...but I hope to be as worthy of the kind words said at mine...  as my dear friend C.O. is of the kind words that were said at hers.  May the angels carry my love to her tonight!  Rest well my friend, you earned a night off...but then I am pretty sure they will have you working in heaven.  You were never one to sit still.  We will love and miss you!

Changing the world...One letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment