THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Seek the Good...

At the bottom of my blog I wrote about the conference that I attended last year that really had a tremendous impact on my soul.  I left renewed, revived really and determined to do better, NO to BE BETTER!  The conference theme was Choose to BECOME!  The birth of the title of this blog traces back to that very experience.  Butterflies have a great significance in my life which I may or may not get into someday in the blog setting...but for now just know that butterflies, both the real and the metaphorical butterflies of my life have changed me, I hope, for the better.

Because the conference was nothing short of a transformation for me the news I received after returning home was thrilling.  I returned home to an email from a friend, whose neighbor was a coordinator of this particular circuit of conferences.  This neighbor was incharge of several teams and one of those teams was putting on a conference in my area this year...2012.  They were looking for team members who would volunteer to help with and spread the word about these fabulous conferences.  As I read the email I was like the cute little kid in kindergarten, jumping out of his seat, hand flailing in the air, screaming... "Me, Me...Pick ME!" I felt very blessed to receive an email the next day to be on the team that prepared for the arrival of the conference.  

The theme for the 2012 year, which is the 10th Anniversary of the conference circuit is Seek the Good.  Knowing this theme before the 2012 year began, since it was presented at the conference I attended in late 2011, I sat thinking of how I could "seek the good" in my life.  Many people and things led me to The Butterfly Project.  And it is my desire that those that commit to join the challenge will seek to do good by writing 12 letters of gratitude this year.  But also that they will seek "THE" good.  I hope they will find the good in others.  I am finding that good every day as I write and even contemplate the next letter.  Remember, my 40th Birthday present to myself this year is to write 365 opps...forgot it is leap year 366 letters of gratitude.  Because 365 names of people that might benefit from this type of thing didn't pop into my head all at once, I made a list of people I know, but then I started thinking about people... the postman, the grocer, the waste management team that make my life so much better.  REALLY... can you imagine life without the waste management team.  And all my out of state letters would be very difficult without my beloved postman.  Not to mention without food I would starve.  But seriously, I implore you this year to seek "THE" good.  Look for it all around you.  Look for it where you don't normally see it at times.  And appreciate it.  Then I encourage you to get a mirror...take a deep long look, and appreciate ALL THE GOOD IN YOU!!!  You are too hard on yourself!  Stop that!  Seek the good, be the good, and appreciate all the good in YOU!

Here is a link to this fabulous circuit of conferences:  If there is one in your area, they are well worth the ticket price to attend!  May you be blessed for your goodness and your desire to reach and touch the hearts of others.  
To Check out the circuit click below
Time Out For Women:  SEEK THE GOOD  

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment