THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

To post or not to post...

That is the question I kept asking myself tonight.  Well not the Shakespearian version, but you get the general idea.  I have been sick now for 3 days and I thought about just letting today go.  But really, I want to expound some thought, ideal or expression of gratitude all 366 days of this year (Yep, it is leap year...guess I will be writing 366 not 365 letters this year.)

So today, I have chosen my husband as my choice of inspiration and my source of gratitude.  Now, I am not thankful for him because he let me lay in bed all day and rest, that was yesterday!  Today, I am grateful for him because in the last four weeks and concluding the marathon today he took every single one of our darling  some darling and one mostly tolerable children to an amusement park individually for daddy dates this month.  And he really doesn't even like amusement parks.  He came home today after 11 rides in 1.5 hours (that is some record right?) and he didn't say, honey what's for dinner?  He helped me put all the laundry I had been folding away.  NINE loads of laundry.  I know because I save the dryer sheets, tie them in a long line and count them in the end...What's that?  Who you calling O.C.D.?

Anyhoo...when that was accomplished, then HE made dinner.  Which was I must add...was wonderful!  (Burrito Bake...some great grub my children actually can't get enough of, child #4 had 4 servings).  Then he ran the nightly errands and insists I go to bed before 10 p.m. so that I will (fingers crossed) feel better tomorrow.

It is the little things that bless lives.  It isn't the diamond tennis bracelets, or fancy cars that make the most impact.  At least it isn't for me (not that I would know anything about either, or even care to know).  I believe it is help with laundry, father of the year daddy dates, sacrifice, like giving up what he sometimes wants for the love of his children, and Burrito Bake (his really should be in capital letters it is THAT good).  It is all the little things that make the BIG difference.  Think about some little thing this week that you can do, that will have a BIG impact!  You know what I am talking about...don't be selfish...just reach out to a friend, spouse, parent, child and do some little act of kindness.

Changing the world...ONE letter at at time!

No comments:

Post a Comment