THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunshine...

There is not really such a thing as darkness.  What we call darkness is really the absense of light.  So often in our lives we allow an absense of light, an absense of good things.  We let the media, world, news, and negative influences or voices of discouragement crowd around us.  Then we feel the darkness, or the despair of depression or sorrow.  But really what we need to do is let in the light.  Pull back the blinds, and let the sun shine through them.  Who or what is your sunlight.  For some it is Faith (that is a big one for me), for others it is family, and for others it is friends.  Some may be nourished by music, a good book or a video that inspires them.  Whatever it is...don't go through life without filling up your bucket.  I spoke for an hour with my cousin yesterday.  I love her so much.  We talked about the influences in our life that build or tear us down.  We let every influence in.  And though I am not a huge advocate of "deleting" friends, I do believe that toxic people tear down.  So as much as you can, as often as you can, I suggest surrounding yourself with light.  You know who shines, you know whom will bring warmth, encouragement, and support into your life.  That is your source of life, strength and light.  LET them in!

Now the thing to think about this week is...how are we perceived.  Are we a light?  It is not bad to have someone that you share your sorrows and downs with, but is that all you share?  My husband at times will have to remind me to get off the pity party or feel sorry for myself wagon.  When I get down at times he will remind me that no one wants to be around that.  So I challenge you this month to speak (mostly) positive.  Count your many blessings...name them.  For some the list might be longer than others, I get that, I acknowledge that.  But count the ones you have, and magnify them in your life, reach for, strengthen and sustain those blessings.  Be a support and light to those blessings and they will be that light for you.  You will feel better, shine brighter, be happier...and most possibly the most important part YOU will dispell the darkness.

So go shine!  I know you can do it!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment