THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teenagers...

I have no teenagers...though I have friends that are the same age as me, or younger whose children have graduated from high school.  Call me a late bloomer.

Today I was talking to a friend with a teenager and we were discussing the thing teenagers need the most... It isn't an iPhone, computer, privacy...though if you asked a teenager I think that might be what they think they need the most.  After a long discussion we both agreed that it is love.  That is right, you heard it...LOVE!  And really, isn't that what each of us needs?  Aren't we hungering in this world for unconditional love, that supercedes our sometimes poor choices, or faults and follies?  I know that I am.  I want to be loved inspite of my momentary lack of patience, or my sometimes poor housekeeping skills.  As we begin to be kinder to ourselves, I believe it is easier for us to be kinder to everyone around us.

So my challenge for you is...LOVE!  Find a way to express that love to someone.  It might be your child, parent, significant other, best friend...but express it, in word, in deed.  You will walk away from the experience with your bucket filled.  That is the amazing thing about love, it nourishes us as we give it away.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

1 comment: