THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Organizing Tips...

This will be a really short post.  I need to get more organized.  I need to let go of some things and FREE my space.  And... Drum Roll...I need your suggestions.

How do you clear the air, free space and get fresh starts.  Accepting suggestions.

And just a thought, some times it is good to clean out the emotional closets too, and surround ourselves with people that believe in us, support us, cheer us on and help us grow.  You don't have to answer this one... but think about it.  Who are those supportive people in your life?  And whom are you a cheerleader for?  Cheer someone on this week.

*And again...organization tips accepted...PLEASE???

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Moving is helping me...but sometimes I'm stubborn @ stuff, not everyone needs to move. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best way that I know how to organize something is to make a mess of it!
    For example... The bar between my kitchen and my living room is often the catching ground for everything! From papers, homework, drinks, keys, and who knows what else. It still drives me crazy! Now I know the keys and homework and dirty dishes are cleaned off and moved daily but somehow the unwanted mail and paperwork stay behind. Eventually it get's pushed to the right until I have a huge pile of unorganized bills, artwork from school, grocery list and shopping receipts! So when that stack of stuff reaches a point where I cannot stand looking at it anymore, I grab a laundry basket and dump it all in! Then I put a movie on in my living room, find a nice cozy spot on the floor and then dump the laundry basket out in front of me! This is what I call ‘making a mess of it!’ LOL I know some people (like my husband) say “Why don’t you just leave it in the basket and organize it from there?” Because it makes it easier for me to take a break and put the basket up somewhere, some people may have the discipline to leave it in the basket but I do not! That is why I have to make a mess of it… it forces me to clean it up and organize it as quick as I possibly can! Now I know that sounds crazy but if my stuff is stacked out of my way (unorganized) it usually takes me months to get to it... but when it is in the middle of my floor... It becomes my first priority! Now that I have been doing this for a while, I learned that I could use this method of organizing with lots of things in my home! Like... My two kids bedroom drawers of clothes... I go in, empty all four drawers into a basket (or 2), and dump them on the floor of my living room! This has now become a routine for me... Every Friday afternoon, once my 7 year old is off to school and my 17 month old is taking his longest nap of the day; I pick something that needs done. Last Friday was my kitchen junk drawer! It does not have to be something major, sometimes small things make you feel just as good as tackling the entire garage! (Well maybe not that good) lol But you get the point!!
    Oh my goodness! Wow! I really didn't mean to write a book with my small idea of advice but once I started typing my mind and fingers just didn't stop! Sorry! I hope this helps someone though! And don't forget... This is a great time to squeeze in a Lifetime Movie and not feel bad about sitting down for 2 hours!!

    ReplyDelete