THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Comfort...

We find it in the love of a partner
We find it in the hug of a child
We find it in the embrace of a parent
We find it in the faithfulness of a friend
We find it in the compassion of a stranger

Tonight as I went to say goodbye to my friend I found it in the memories.  I often find it in food (I know, bad but true).  I find comfort in an old show I love.  I find comfort in journal and gratitude journal writing.  I find comfort when I curl up with a movie on the couch and my dog snuggles up to me.  I find it when any of my children tell me that they love me.  Comfort comes when I make my mom's old recipes.  I find it when God sends the Holy Ghost to get me through some of my worst hours.  Tonight, we attended our dear friend's viewing (closed casket...thank you God, I recognize that as a tender mercy).  We pulled up only to realize it was the same Mortuary that took care of my mother and the tears started, until I walked through the door.  I found comfort in pictures, in friends, in familiar faces in love that we all shared for an amazing man.

My challenge to you, seek to be a comfort.  You may be what gets someone through their darkest day.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment