THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gratefully Blessed...

It seems odd to me, but I believe that what I have mostly gotten out of this project of expressing gratitude is this growing sense of feeling so very blessed.  I don't really want to think I was an ungrateful person before.  But focusing on gratitude this year, and especially on the people that have altered my life for the better has humbled me.  I have come to realize how very blessed, and how very grateful I am.  Each letter penned seems to elevate my soul.

With that said, can you imagine if every word coming forth from your mouth glorified something good.  My mom used to say, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."  I am really coming to understand the power of words.  The very act of writing down these kind thoughts has elevated my spirit and literally made me feel happiness and joy.  What a simple and remarkable notion.

So my challenge to you...speak no ill.  Try it for a day, or a week if you can stand it.  Try to let, to make all your conversation elevate whom ever crosses your lips.  It is not an easy task.  Though I don't try to be a gossip at all, I could be convicted of an unkind string of words at times.  But what does it leave me feeling?  I think any human has been there at least once and knows, no joy comes from it.  So won't you take this challenge with me.  For just one day, or week...speak kind words, and often.  Who knows, it might change your day, week, life...

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment