THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's a frozen pizza night...

Well, after a long and busy week filled with everything from a doctor's visit for the baby to a sick sweetheart and sickies all in between...Saturday was FINALLY HERE!  It was a lazy day...for anyone under 11.  For me it was filled with cleaning, dishes, laundry, organizing, re-organizing, laundry, laundry...oh and LAUNDRY.  That is what a house of 7 entails.

So when 5:30pm rolled around and there was no glimpse of dinner plans in sight a frozen pizza started sounding like the perfect dish.  As for the children...whenever they get frozen pizza which is usually 1-2 per month, they think they have hit the jackpot...so I was supermom.  Well, until I had a total meltdown when child #3 spilled an entire cup (16 ounces) of water on my new phone. Said phone seems to be ok.  If you have tried to call me...don't... it will be drying out for a day or two.

Such is the life of a mother with little ones (especially when four are boys!).  In his defense, he was trying to clear the table.  In my defense...the counter, away from all water seemed like I good place for the phone. I learned my lesson.   Poor little guy, I was pretty frustrated and he got sent straight to his room for 5 minutes while I calmed down...ok, really, maybe 10 minutes.  I did apologize for my ranting (that is mommy vernacular for screaming my head off).  Now all is calm again.  Front room is vacuumed and said laundry (many, many loads...) is calling my name, ready to be folded.  Oh how I wish S.N. was here...I hear she loves laundry, and chatting and folding with her would be a great time!

Have you ever had all the intentions in the world to help (like my little guy was trying to help me) but something went awry?  Well, if you have then you understand my sweet little #3 tonight.  I did point out to the other children that he was the ONE trying to help, like I asked.

My challenge to you:  though things don't always go the way we want them to...help anyway, try anyway, reach out anyway.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment