THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Oh So Grateful...

*This week I will be sharing some of my favorite posts from the Blog I used to write that kept me going after my mom past away.  My dad used to read it daily.  But when he died, it was hard for me to write that blog anymore.  It was like a little piece of me that wrote that blog died too and I just couldn't will myself to write anymore.  I actually thought I had thrown in the blogger towel...  But then I had some inspiration...I would like to think/believe it came from my parents.  Now both together working for my good...  And thus, The Butterfly Project emerged.  Hope you enjoy my stroll through my blogging life...

Oh So Grateful...(Written 2/7/2011)

Six years and three decades ago a woman was in the hospital. She was no Ordinary woman, she was the mother of my Fabulous, Loving and (occasionally) Sensitive husband. She brought a baby boy into the world that day...and later that noble act of selflessness would bless my life from the day I met him, clear into eternity. She raised him with values. She taught him about love, reading, respect, honesty, virtue, goodness, service, kindness, sacrifice, God, baptism, missionary work, cooking, and how to tell a good joke. She laughs still when he says the word balls (yep for the very reason that makes me cringe...and they both think they are so funny.) Butts are also a big joke and she is DEFINITELY the perfect mother for boys. Her father (whom I miss because he is in heaven now) used to keep me laughing and laughing, I miss him so. And from him, she received many fine qualities...humor and hard work are among two of the most important...they have kept her together during hard times...and they work as a pretty good team. Today I could honor the birthday boy. And I do celebrate him all day! But he gets the whole month of November for anyone that follows my status updates...
So today I HONOR the woman that gave my man life. I love her. I respect her. I am indebted to her for giving me such a priceless treasure. (Lest you think "she's so lucky, he sounds perfect" I assure you, there ARE days I think of throwing that treasure overboard. But most days I am EVER SO GRATEFUL FOR HIM...and always I am grateful for her!)

*This is one of my favorite posts from last year...updated only with how old my sweetheart is today.  I am grateful that he was raised by good and loving parents!  What a blessing that has been to me.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment