THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Rain..

Today we had rain.  It seemed fitting since we lost our friend yesterday.  I love that song...there's holes in the floor of heaven... Really though I am sure heaven is rejoicing to have M.S. back.  But I know that I shed my share of tears today and the rain was nice company.  I do love how the rain washes, and cleans everything.  I love that fresh feeling, like a new start, a clean slate.  I am grateful for beginnings.  I am grateful that the joys of birth balance the sorrows of death.  I am grateful for a faith that roots me down and bouys me up.  I am thankful for the rain.  I am thankful for the promises that the rainbow will ALWAYS come.  No matter how dark the clouds gather, the rainbow will come.

Tonight I was watching a wonderful movie with my children called Facing the Giants.
In one part of the movie a character talks about God not always giving us what we want, when we want it. He said, "Two men went to the Lord and prayed for rain for their fields.  But only one of the men went home and prepared his field.  Which man trusted the Lord more to send the rain?"  Then he continued, "God will send the rain when he is ready to, your job is to make sure the field is ready when the rain comes."  So often we want things on OUR time frame, or as we wished they would be.  Trusting the Lord is by far the most difficult thing I do in this life.  But the better I get at it the happier I am, and the more peace I have.

Prepare your fields...and find JOY in the living!  Life is so beautiful.  When we stop focusing on what we HAVE NOT, and start focusing on what we have...Everything comes into focus.  We can see clearly, we can see the blessings.  When we stop looking through the glasses of trials and start looking through the glasses of gratitude, life looks a heck of a lot better!  That is my challenge to you this week...look through the glasses of gratitude.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment