THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Friday, February 24, 2012

YOU are important!

Today was a run of the mill, no frills day.  We have busy Fridays and we ran our usual errands and school run.  However, this afternoon I decided to do something for myself.  I grabbed some things at my local hardware store to do another hair brain Pinterest project.

I stayed up late, after children and sweet husband were all snug in their beds.  And I created...from blank canvas, I made art.  It really doesn't matter what I made (and I am certainly NOT an artist).  But it was time and me...sitting down together.  And we had a wonderful string of moments.

To often as humans we give and give, until the bucket we give from is empty.  So my advice or counsel or what ever you would like to call it, for the day, is YOU are important!  Take some time for yourself.  Do something NEW, doing something OLD...just DO something you enjoy.  Maybe what you enjoy doing is NOTHING...then DO that!  But fill the bucket.  An empty bucket bares NO water!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment