THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Well done...

I saw a quote today that got me thinking:
"Well done is better than well said."  ~~Benjamin Franklin

I have pondered about this.  In many ways it is true.  A job that is talked about is not nearly as productive as a job that is done.  To do something well and accomplish it, is better than to say you will, but not follow through.  My grandfather used to say, "A job worth doing, is a job worth doing well."  But this got me thinking about the Butterfly Project and all the "unsaid" words in the world.  All the lonely people longing to be loved, appreciated and lifted emotionally or spiritually.  I think the world needs both words and actions.  I think we need to mean what we say and say what we mean.  (Dr. Suess' Horton put it so well... "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant and an elephant's word is 100%").  

I think we need to KEEP our promises when we make them.  What are we if we are not men and women of our word.  It is one thing to say something, but quite another to DO it and I do embrace the logic behind Mr. Franklin's words.  But I must rebuttal that to LOVE (in action) but never express the feelings in words of appreciation and admiration leaves the lacking recipient unfulfilled.  If you love someone...Don't let the words go unsaid.  If you admire someone, don't let the words go unsaid.  If you appreciate someone, don't let the words go unsaid.   For we are all human, and our actions (in the frail humanity of our mistakes) don't always add up.  Let our words be filled with love, gratitude and forgiveness...then let us do all we can, DO ALL WE CAN...to elevate ourselves to the promise of our words.  Sometimes we will succeed beautifully, sometimes we shall fail miserably.  But if we are always expressing our hearts and striving, we will continually progress toward better...  better actions, better effort, better days!  

I believe (no offense to Mr. Franklin) that words and deeds should be inseparably connected.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!  (starting with the change this project creates within each of us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment