THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Let it go...

I am nearly 40 years old.  I have experienced the loss of all my grandparents and both of my parents.  I have not lost a child or a spouse and will not pretend to even understand the depth of that grief.  I have lost three very dear friends in three unconnected auto accidents.  And one of my uncles was murdered.  I don't know everything about grief, but I would say that I have had a lion's share of it in my life.  This grief could very justifiably have led me to wallow and crawl in a hole (metaphorically) and just let go of life.  But instead of letting go of LIFE, a long time ago when the first of those I love, I lost...I decided to put this in hands that I trusted.  I put this hurt in the hands of Christ.  He did not make the hurt go away.  I still shed tears for the loved ones (some of whom have been gone from this life for nearly 26 years.)  He did however enlarge my heart, fortify my compassion and multiply in me a desire to be a strength to others.  He can't replace my loved ones, but he has put loving and qualified substitutes in my life to love away some of the tears.  And through his endless and unmatched grace he will restore my loved ones again to me one day.

Several years ago I attended a conference.  That conference changed my life, gave me strength, comfort and peace.  I have since attended two more and will be attending my fourth women's conference in May (sorry to any men that read my blog...I will post the notes if you are interested ;)

I wanted to share with you one of the wonderful presenters that will be at the conference.  This is just a clip about his ah-ha moment before the Lord when he decided to let it go...to trust.  If you are interested in the conference let me know.  I would love to share info with you about it.  It is called Time Out For Women.



Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment