THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

April Gratitude Day Eight...

Day EIGHT...
I am grateful to live in a country where women have a voice.  I am grateful to walk down the street and be able to look anyone in the eyes that I want to.  I am not putting anyone down when I say this.  But I am grateful that my husband and I walk side by side.  I am his equal, and he is mine.  I am grateful that I had the chance to choose to stay home.  It was a choice.  My husband, when dating me said... "I want to raise a family with you.  If you want to stay home and raise our children that is what I would like.  I won't stop you if you want to work, but would rather have you stay home to raise our family.  If you are willing to stay home, I will work three jobs if I have to in order to make that happen."  At one point he did work three jobs to make that happen and we were a little house poor.  But it has all balanced out.  I don't regret the hand me downs, or driving to Sears to get parts and fix my own washing machine MYSELF.  Yep, you read that right...Twice even (different parts, different times).  I am grateful for women in general...the ones that work inside and outside of the home, or both!  The ones that have more money and choose to give so much of it to charities, and help with organizations to bless the lives of many who have less than they do.  The ones that are single, married, mothers, childless, the friends, sisters, daughters, aunts, nannies, care givers... Women make the world go around.  They lift, strengthen, bless, serve, give, nourish, help, tend to, care for.  Their job doesn't start at 6 am and it doesn't end at bedtime.  They are on 24/7 on call with no extra pay, no holiday pay, no awards for most of the crap they put up with or do.  But they do it anyway!  I am so grateful to be a woman, and so grateful for a man that appreciates my sacrifices and relishes my femininity!  I want to be my best and be worthy of his lofty thoughts of me as a person!  Day Eight:  I am grateful to be a Woman!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment