THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April Gratitude Day Seven...

Day SEVEN:
I am grateful for modern conveniences and technology.  When my grandfather was 17 he got in a horrible accident on a back country road.  I have seen the pictures of the car and he should not have lived through it.  This was in 1929.  He broke his neck.  There really is no logical explanation for why he lived.  It was a LONG time before they came for him and a very bumpy road to help.  But I believe that God intervened.  I believe God still often intervenes in our lives and sometimes the intervention is this drastic.  But more often I think he inspires all the technology and conveniences that bless us.  Internet which now connects families across the world.  Air travel that can take us almost anywhere.  Cars, medicine, surgery...so much advance since the birth of my grandfather's birth in 1912.  How blessed I am to live in this time!  I believe it comes with a great deal of responsibility.  I am trying my best to use that privilege wisely.  I am ever grateful for this amazing time I live in.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment