THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April Gratitude Day Six...

Day SIX:
I am so thankful for a sense of humor.  The top 5 days of gratitude are my most important priorities.  But after that it is hard to say what is next in a specific order.  However, humor has gotten me through a lot.  So truly, I am very grateful for my sense of humor!!! When our dad died unexpectedly of a heart attack it came as a shock.  He this tradition with all of us called Love Rocks.  We would give each other love rocks to say "I love you."  Many of us have given a spouse, sibling, child, niece or nephew love rocks from dad's example.  So when he died I brought my collection of special rocks and we each picked one to put in as our last love rock to dad.  It was a special thing.  It came to me that morning and it felt right.

Later that day when some of the siblings had flown home already but one brother and two sisters were still here we were trying to figure out what to put on mom and dad's stone.  We could have ONE line at the national cemetery.  "families are forever", "we love you"...the ideas went on and on.  Then I think it was our little brother that said, "Dad's coffin, full of rocks."  Oh my goodness, we laughed until we cried.  I am sure dad laughed too.  It was just one of those moments where really, we needed some humor.  I miss my parents so.  I wish they were still here enjoying the moments of life with us.  But I am glad they taught us to be BETTER instead of Bitter.  I am really glad they taught us to LAUGH!  Mom said, Laughter heals the soul.  I think she is right.  There are days I wish dad was still HERE and that that coffin really was JUST full of rocks.  But I know I will see him again.  Until then, I will try really hard to keep smiling, keep laughing and keep my chin up.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment