THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April Gratitude Day thirteen...

Day THIRTEEN!!!

Is it me?  Or has anyone else noticed how time seems to be speeding up?  Seriously!!!   Today was my oldest son's birthday (and my sweet niece too...Happy Birthday M.H.!)  Actually my boy and his girl cousin are so much alike it is hilarious!  They were peas in a pod last summer which boiled the blood of my daughter.  But only until she realized that her cousin that is her brother's age is just like her...and then they were inseparable and all was fine in the world again.

Sorry, I tangent sometimes.  But Today, Day Thirteen...I am thankful for cousins.  My children have been blessed with wonderful cousins that they love to spend time with.  We only wish they all lived close to us.   I have sweet memories of growing up, going for Christmas or Easter Breaks to family's house to stay and playing until dinner time.  There is great joy in having friendships...but when our best friends are also our family that seems to make it even just a little sweeter...a little stronger...a bond of forever.  I look so forward to watching my children run, laugh and play endless hours with cousins.  Recently our family took a LONG road trip.  After arrival there was a huge family Easter Egg Hunt.  All the children had a great time.  But my 6 year old said, "Daddy,  I know this is a really long drive.  But we really need to come here more often.  I LOVE playing with my cousins.  It is just so fun!"  So sweet!  So today, I am thankful for cousins!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment