THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April Gratitude Day fourteen...

Day FOURTEEN...

The days seem to slip by me sometimes.  Like little pieces of sand in an hour glass that are just too tiny to stop, slow down or hold on to.  I don't know when it happened but my daughter practically grew up in a blink...  She will be 11 in a little more than a week and I am wondering where all the time, seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years went.

Today I am grateful for time.  I am grateful for the time I have had to live on this earth.  I am grateful for the many years with my imperfect (but perfect for me) parents.  I am sure my children will one day acknowledge to the world how imperfect I am...I hope though, when they look back they think that we were the perfect parents for them.  I am thankful for the time many years ago when I sat on the porch with my aunt in Virginia and snapped beans.  Really that is one of my favorite memories...all sitting and talking with laps full of bowls and beans.  Those simple moments are the best.   I have a memory as a child of my grandpa (a rather serious man) drawing a picture for me of his version of Frankenstein.  I think it was more funny than scary and I remember laughing and laughing.  As a child, I remember sitting at the feet of my grandma and rubbing her feet while she read me her poetry.  Years later I asked for it and she had thrown it all away.  I was so sad about that.  But I still have the imprint of the time she and I had seared on my heart. I remember standing over my mother and 2 year old daughter as she helped her grandma plant sweet peas.  A first for my daughter, a tradition for my mother, that she had done with her own father...time!  This year I planted garlic.  It brings back sweet memories of grandpa taking me around the garden and showing me everything that was growing...including his garlic patch.  I remember daddy dates when I was little to "Loves" restaurant...a rib house.  I loved ribs, but truth be told, the best part of those adventures was time with my dad.  Day fourteen of my April journey in gratitude...I am so thankful for time.

Changing the world...ONE letter at a TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment