THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

April's 25 days of Gratitude...

Since we are spending extra time this month with family and friends because of Easter and Easter Break (We have already had 3 play dates this week)...I wanted to pick something powerful to do for posts but that was also simple and short.  So for the next 25 days of April I will be doing 25 of the things in my life that I am MOST grateful for.
Day ONE...
Since Easter is the season at hand it is only fitting to start with my heart full of gratitude for the grace, mercy, love and Atoning sacrifice of the Lord, Jesus Christ.  How our Heavenly Father was able to let his son suffer I can not imagine.  I have thought of that now, as a parent of 5.  I am thankful that God loved us enough to send His Only Begotten (in the flesh) Son to help us, to save us, to heal us physically at times, but more importantly spiritually.  I never cease to be in awe of my multitude of blessings.  I have lost so many loved ones.  But when I lost my dear mother that was when I took the greatest comfort and found the most gratitude for the ressurrection.  I have hope in Christ.  I look forward to a day I will wrap my arms around my mother again.  At Easter time and really EVERY DAY SINCE HER DEATH...I am eternally grateful for His boundless gifts...and a loving Heavenly Father who loved each of us spirit children enough to send our brother, redeemer, Savior, healer, friend to get us all back.  May my heart turn to him.  When life is dark and hard and I am tempted to shake my fists at the heavens and ask why me (I have been through those low valleys)...may my spirit elevate to the eternal notion that this life was not the beginning and it is not the end.  For this I am grateful over and over and over again!

Happy Easter!  Jesus is the reason for the season!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment