THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The difference a day makes...

*Check out my Side Ticker to follow my 40 Acts of Love I am doing in celebration of my Birthday...feel free to join me!

The Butterfly Project has been about change.  It is the hope of brightening others through appreciation, but I also believe that gratitude elevates the individual that expresses it.  I found myself so curious about  keeping track of my friends that 1-2 hours a day I wasn't even living.  I was following up on friends lives.  So Day ONE of no facebook has been good for me.  I think I am having withdrawls, but that is ok.  I woke up this morning, checked email and walked away from the computer.

A friend and I visited another friend in need and took her some dinner.  It felt so good to reach out and help someone.  I hope to do many acts of kindness during my facebook fast.  Upon returning home I cleaned my guest room in anticipation of a brother in law's visit, followed by a niece's visit.  I am excited for the company from both of them.  I want TIME!  So this fast has bought back time for me.  Time to clean, play, read for myself, read to my "baby" (he's almost 3!), organize (heaven knows the need for that never ends), and get my life on track.  I am not saying that my facebook activity is the whole cause of something falling behind.  But I clearly could do better with some of my time.  So far day ONE is going well.  Back to the grind.  And tonight...a long needed catch up of the last two weeks events with my hubby.  I love our long talks.  He has been working like crazy.  It will be nice to RE-Connect!  Can't wait.  Happy Saturday!  Hope you are relishing every minute of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment