THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Monday, January 9, 2012

All we need is love, love, love...

All we need is love!

Not to break out in song or anything, but sometimes all we really need is love.  Life is difficult even on some of the very best days.  And when I nestle into bed I sleep better knowing that I am loved unconditionally.  I was raised by imperfect parents *GASP!* but one thing they did right was they LOVED us.  I got mad at them, blamed them for things that were their fault, and sometimes my fault.  But I didn't entertain the notion that they did not love me.  I knew they loved me.  And not just me...all my siblings too.  I am not a perfect parent *GASP! again!*  But I try daily to express love to my children.
I am also NOT a perfect wife
I am also NOT a perfect sister
I am also NOT a perfect daughter/or daughter in law
I am also NOT a perfect friend....

Really there is a long list of things I am NOT perfect at.  And I really believe we do that to ourselves more than not.  But I DO Love my family and my friends.  And I don't just love them, I love them where they are at.  Yep, that is right, imperfections and all.  And it is a good thing too, because people that live in glass houses...REALLY should NOT throw stones!

May 2012 be filled with love.  For those who have taken the challenge to write 12 letters of gratitude to people this year, may at least some of those letters be filled with unconditional love.  Maybe one of those letters is one you don't really want to write, but you KNOW it could make all the difference in the world to the recipient.  Write it anyway.  YOU can make a difference.

One of my favorite shows growing up was I LOVE LUCY!  And she was pretty hair brained you know.  But I just want to say... I LOVE ETHEL!  It was Ethel that stood beside Lucy through thick and thin.  It was Ethel that took the heat (A LOT) for some of Lucy's stupidity...just like we sometimes take the heat for the not so smart things our children do at times.  But Ethel loved Lucy through thick and thin.  Well, I know Lucy loved Ethel too... But I am just saying... Be THAT kind of friend, the kind of friend you know you can count on.  BE THAT FRIEND!

Spread the LOVE!!!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment