THE CHALLENGE:

In 2012 we challenged you to write 12 letters of Gratitude to people that influenced your life. Many of you did this and wrote amazing stories of the experience.
This year 2013 we are focusing on BEING PRESENT. This is your life. Each day is a gift. You can't turn in yesterday for more time. So make the most of each day and continue to be grateful and embrace life! Be Present! We are changing the world...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gratitude...

I have been blessed in this life with the most amazing friendships.  It is like God put some kind of magnetic material inside of me that attracts the most loving, kind, genuine, giving, caring people.  Often I feel unworthy of the multitude of blessings in this regard.  For many years of my life I remember praying for a friend.  Junior high wasn't my favorite time in life for sure.  And I did have friends but with age, years and maturity the quality of my friendships has grown.

This week I was struggling some.  We all do and I was having a particularly difficult week.  My "Ethel" (you know like "I love Lucy"...and her true friend Ethel)...my Ethel is always helping me with those down times.  This week was no exception.  And I settled down to my computer to discover a "note" from Ethel.  We don't live close like we use to.  So we started some private blogs, one of them is called News and we post our news back and forth.  When I got done reading my "note" I was crying.  I know she followed that little voice, intuition, spirit, Holy Ghost, prompting...whatever you would like to call it.  And she told me JUST what I needed to hear.  I am most eternally grateful for her, and to her!

So my challenging question today is Who are you an Ethel to?  It does not have to be only ONE person, or maybe it IS just one person.  But whom ever it is, I encourage you this week to listen to that voice and see what you can do to lift your Lucy...or if you are a Lucy like me...Lift your Ethel.  Writing this, it seems a little silly and trite.  But I assure you without the Ethels and Lucys of the world...not a whole lot would get done.  WE NEED EACH OTHER!!!  So go, and quietly listen...then act on it!  YOU are the change you can make in the world.  YOU are powerful!

Changing the world...ONE letter at a time!

1 comment: